Archive for March, 2011
Two new varieties this week: Jalapeno and Rosemary Lamb sausages!
Hello Link Lab friends,
Thanks again to everyone for helping to make these first seven weeks of business so successful. In that time, weekly production has increased from 30lb to 60lb to 90lb , and now we’ve just produced 100lb of sausage for the second week in a row. I’m really thrilled to have such an enthusiastic group of customers this early in the process. And the sausage is coming out great!
Fresh sausage available this week:
- Jalapeno Sausage is here! Don’t be scared off by the pepper. I’ve removed the seeds, leaving this sausage with a fresh bright jalapeno flavor, without the burning heat. Along with the fresh jalapeno, you’ll notice paprika, black pepper, and Mexican oregano. This fantastic new sausage has long been a favorite with family and friends.
- Rosemary Lamb Sausage: Using great lamb from Martiny Livestock in Concrete, WA, this sausage shows off the clean and distinct flavor of well-raised lamb. A bit of rosemary, black pepper, and wine add bright accents without overpowering the really great meat flavor.
- Chorizo: Evidently, it is not OK to skip a week of Chorizo production as I did last week. So many market shoppers expressed their disappointment last week when I didn’t have any to offer. This week, I made 30lb and only have 3 packages left–get it before it’s gone, or pick some up at the Sunset Hill Green Market.
- We’re continually developing new sausage varieties. Stay tuned for details and feel free to send in suggestions.
Link Lab at restaurants and retailers:
- We are now included on the menu at a 4th restaurant! Link Lab sausages will be available at Stanzas Cafe, located in Bellevue at Overlake Medical Center. This cafe does an admirable job preparing sustainably produced, local, and organic foods, and I am thrilled to see our sausages included on the menu. Thanks to executive chef Chris Linaman for providing such a thoughtful and well-crafted menu, and for serving Link Lab sausage.
- Sand Point Grill (near Children’s Hospital) and chef Craig Bartleson continue to include Link Lab sausage on their amazing menu. This week, they will likely be serving our new Rosemary Lamb sausage (rosemary, black pepper, wine, yum!). Be sure to stop by Sand Point Grill for dinner soon.
- Sunset Hill Green Market in Ballard has dedicated shelf space to sell our sausage. What a great neighborhood shop! You can’t find a friendlier or more convenient place to put together a complete dinner. This week, they’re stocking the new Jalapeno sausage as well as Chorizo. Varieties change frequently, as Link Lab sausage production changes weekly.
- Wednesdays at Swedish Medical Center (Cherry Hill): Link Lab Artisan Meats is available on Wednesdays from 11am-2pm in the cafeteria’s private farmers market. Thanks to Dog Mountain Farms for selling our sausage along with their amazing produce, jams, breads, and even fresh hops.
- Thursdays at Swedish Medical Center (First Hill): We continue to join Dog Mountain Farms for a private farmers market at the cafeteria of Swedish Medical Center on First Hill. Come by to taste sausage samples and buy some sausage and the perfect produce to accompany it. We’ll be there from 11am-2pm each Thursday.
Thanks again for supporting Link Lab Artisan Meats. Enjoy your sausage!
Thanks to Miles, Leo, and and Dillon for showing off their new Link Lab onesies. You three wear them well. As soon as you have teeth, we’ll grill up some brats together.
- I’m happy to announce that our sausage is now included on the breakfast and dinner menus at Seattle’s A Caprice Kitchen. Thank you to owner-chef Anne Catherine for supporting so many local artisan food producers, including Link Lab! If you’re in the Ballard neighborhood, and you’re hungry, I hope you all will stop by A Caprice Kitchen. Chorizo and pork breakfast sausage……it’s going to be good!
- Sand Point Grill (near Children’s Hospital) continues to include Link Lab sausage on their amazing menu. This week, our Juniper-Garlic sausage is featured as another delicious entree by chef Craig Bartleson. Thanks Craig!
- Sunset Hill Green Market begins selling Link Lab Artisan Meats this week. If you’ve been unsure of just how to find or purchase Link Lab sausage, this should simplify things. Like our “early-adopter-restaurants,” the Green Market does a great job of supporting and selling products made by local and artisan food producers. It’s a cool store–and a very exciting milestone for Link Lab to be in the freezer at a grocery store.
- Swedish Medical Center Farmers Market: Link Lab is taking a break from Swedish this week, but look for us there next Thursday (3/10), where we will once again join Dog Mountain Farms, for a private farmers market at the cafeteria of Swedish Medical Centers on First Hill. Come by to taste sausage samples and buy some sausage and the perfect produce to accompany it. We’ll be there from 11am-2pm.
- Jalapeno Sausage (Jay and other taste testers have spoken, and it will be available soon!)
- Boerewors: A South African grilling sausage that everyone needs to know about
- Rosemary-Sage Breakfast Sausage
- Duck Sausage: Poultry processing requires extra USDA paperwork. We’re almost there, and there are so many great things to do with duck.
- Lamb: We can’t wait to roll out many lamb varieties.
Thanks again for supporting Link Lab Artisan Meats. Enjoy your sausage