Archive for June, 2011
Here’s a nice article about the partnership between Martiny Livestock in Concrete, WA and Link Lab Artisan Meats. http://myedmondsnews.com/2011/06/my-edmonds-food-farmers-market-highlights-and-fresh-spring-roll-recipe/
Thanks to Matt Wright for this nice story about Link Lab. http://mattikaarts.com/blog/charcuterie/the-usda-approved-basement/. Awesome photos!
Hello Link Lab friends,
With the Independence Day holiday weekend coming up, I want to make sure that everyone is aware of where you can purchase Link Lab sausage. Link Lab is making some great sausages this week, and a summertime holiday weekend is a perfect occasion to fire up the grill and share great food with your friends.
Fresh sausage available this week: (Links are around 1/3lb each)
- Lamb Merguez sausage ($15/lb) is new this week! Roasted red and yellow peppers add a great dimension to this sweet and rather spicey North African sausage.
- Jalapeno Pork Sausage ($10/lb) makes a return to the lineup this week. Cutting and seeding so many fresh jalapeno peppers takes some extra effort, but I’m glad so many people love this sausage as much as I do. If you haven’t had the Jalapeno sausage, it is not a spicy link. Just delicious with lots of bright jalapeno flavor without the heat.
- Beer Brats ($10/lb)will round out the week’s offerings. Inspired by memories of the prolific Midwest bratwurst eaten all over Illinois, Wisconsin, and those other “flat states,” Link Lab has taken this classic football-weekend sausage and put our own twist on it. The mild bratwurst with toasted coriander, marjoram, and Fremont Brewing Company’s Universal Pale Ale seems to be just right for outdoor grilling at this time of year.
Locations to purchase Link Lab Artisan Meats sausage:
- Special delivery to Microsoft: Many Microsoft friends have asked for a Redmond delivery. So, let’s do it. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-order sausage for delivery on Thursday June 30th. I need to have at least 10 pre-orders of sausage to do this special trip. Considering the amount of feedback I’ve received from folks on the main campus, I expect we’ll have an easy time exceeding 10 customer orders. But don’t risk it….please spread the word to your colleagues. Pre-order and guarantee great sausages for your holiday weekend. Delivery location TBD depending on who responds and what building you work in.
- Sunset Hill Green Market: This neighborhood grocery store is amazing. Great people who support small local businesses and who sell some wonderful food items. I am thrilled to have my product consistently on the shelf at the Green Market, and I hope everyone will go there, buy lots of wonderful food, and tell them to continue their great work. Several varieties of Link Lab sausage are available at the Green Market each week.
- Restaurants: Link Lab Artisan Meats sausages have found a home on several Seattle restaurant menus. I’m working hard to make this list grow, but all of these establishments will satisfy your Link Lab appetites. Please give them all a try.
- Farmers Markets: Several area farmers markets offer Link Lab Artisan Meats sausages.
- Martiny Lamb and Beef: This small Concrete, WA farm raises fantastic beef and lamb. Link Lab has partnered with Martiny Livestock to make several special lamb sausages only available for purchase directly from Farmer Linda. Martiny Livestock can be found at the Saturday Edmonds farmers market and the Sunday Lake Forest Park market. This is great partnership, and there are lots of sausage-plans being developed for the future with the folks at Martiny Livestock.
- Sky Valley Farms: another partnership between Link Lab and a local farm. Sky Valley Farms offers a wide variety of Link Lab Artisan Meats sausages made specifically for Sky Valley using their pigs. Great stuff! Also found at the Saturday Edmonds market and the Sunday Lake Forest Park farmers market.
- Virginia Mason Friday Farmers Market: David sets up a table each week, offering cooked samples of the week’s fresh sausage, and selling directly to customers. This is a fun opportunity for me to meet customers, collect feedback, and sell sausage to the downtown crowd during office hours. (12pm-4pm at Lindeman Pavilion Patio (just east of 9th Avenue on Seneca Street).
- Summertime parties and bbq’s: If your company, work-group, family, or dinner club is hosting a summertime picnic, please consider serving Link Lab sausage at your event. We would love to provide great sausage to your events. Contact email@example.com to order sausage for large events.
Thanks again for everyone’s support. Enjoy your sausage!
Hello Link Lab friends,
We have kept ourselves very busy these past couple of weeks! As business continues to grow, and as great sausage continues to be produced (and eaten), we have been fortunate to receive some very nice press.
Link Lab in the News
In May, Matthew Amster-Burton, author of Hungry Monkey wrote a great story about Link Lab Artisan Meats for mint.com. If you haven’t had a chance to read the article yet, please enjoy it. http://www.mint.com/blog/goals/sausage-garage-startup-05172011/
With the help of an extremely talented designer, developer, and writer, Link Lab Artisan Meats launched our new website recently. As with any website, it will continue to evolve, but this is an outstanding starting point, and everyone is excited about our new web presence. www.linklabartisanmeats.com
New Farmers Market
Link Lab has been participating in a great new farmers market hosted by Virginia Mason Medical Center on Friday afternoons. We’re selling sausage and working alongside several vendors who offer pasta, artisanal cheese, pie, local produce, and amazing baked goods. Market visitors have been really enthusiastic about the variety of products, and their ability to buy an entire dinner menu of great stuff to be cooked at home. Thank you to everyone who has supported Link Lab at Virginia Mason, and to those of you who haven’t come by it by yet, I hope to see you all sometime soon.
Martiny Livestock in Concrete Washington now sells Link Lab Sausage made from their farm’s own lamb and beef. If you’re looking for a convenient weekend destination to buy sausage, go visit Linda at the Edmonds Farmers Market (Saturday) or the Lake Forest Park Farmers Market on Sundays. You can read more about this “Martiny & Link Lab” partnership in a recently published story in My Edmonds News.
Where to find Link Lab Sausage:
- Sand Point Grill
- A Caprice Kitchen
- Stanza’s Cafe
- Sunset Hill Green Market
- Edmonds Farmers Market (Saturday)
- Lake Forest Park Farmers Market (Sunday)
- Virginia Mason Farmer’s Market (Fridays (12pm-4pm)
- Cherry Hill Swedish Medical Center Farm Market (in the cafeteria some but not every Wednesday, 11am-2pm)
- First Hill Swedish Medical Center Farm Market (in the cafeteria some but not every Thursday, 11am-2pm)
- This list will grow. Stay tuned.
Thanks for supporting Link Lab Artisan Meats. Enjoy your sausage!