Archive for January, 2012
Here’s a link to a very nice PSFN interview with David, digging a bit deeper and sharing more of the background behind Link Lab Artisan Meats.
A big thanks to Laura Brewer from The Local Dish for putting together such a nice article about Link Lab. http://www.thelocaldish.com/seattle/find-it-seattle/seattle-carnivores-eat-up-link-lab-sausagesausage.html
Thank you Celeste and Benjamin for sporting your Link Lab Onesies. It is great to get this market penetration in the Bay Area. Your chubby arms and legs look appropriately sausage-like.
Happy New Year Link Lab Friends!
- 3500 lbs of meat cut, ground, and sold as sausage during 2011
- 8 Northwest farmers have provided beautiful responsibly raised local meat. I hope to continue meeting new farmers and using more great local meat.
- 19 sausage labels are approved by the USDA. That took some patience.
- More than 25 restaurants, retail shops, and farmers have sold our product to their customers. Many of these businesses continue to place weekly orders!
- USDA inspectors have provided compliments, corrections, an positive involvement helping me keep things safe and WELL DOCUMENTED. (Who doesn’t love a good paper trail.)
- We’ve had production weeks as simple as 25 lbs and as busy as 325 lbs.
- 9 beautifully written articles published about Link Lab. http://linklabartisanmeats.com/category/news
- I paid all of my bills and still enjoy making sausage.
- My wife and kids still like me.
- More……local-farm-partners, restaurants, retail shops, and production pounds per week
- No change to the small-batch, hand-mixed, exquisite sausage quality that is the foundation of Link Lab Artisan Meats products.
- And if everything goes as planned, we will add Link Lab Bacon into the product lineup in 2012.